4th February 1826

At last, some excitement – namely, another note from Gregwood Forsythe –

5½ Buckingham Street

Adelphi 

London 

Dear Charley,

Let’s you, me and Sykes go on a regular spree! There is a meeting of the Friendly Chorus of Neptune at Finch-Herbert’s Famous Cave of Terpsichorean Harmony, Offley’s, Covent Garden, this very evening. Meet me on the corner of Wellington Street at nine o’clock p.m. and I shall introduce you to the company, as promised.

Let us all be jolly dogs together!

Yours

Gregs F.

p.s. A-BOW-WOW!


This is just the thing to help me forget my worries. 

(Oh SELENA! – fear not, I shall NOT forget YOU!) 

But whatever shall I do for money?


Four o’clock p.m.

Mr Oddenbury said that Papa’s ventilating hat looked like a ‘queer sort of soup-strainer for a family wot was in mourning’ but he still gave me four shillings. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment